According to data from Epiq Systems, total bankruptcy filings decreased by 12 percent in 2011 over 2010. Filings totaled 1,379,113 over the previous year’s total of 1,468,938. Total commercial filings fell 19 percent. Samuel J. Gerdano, Executive Director of the American Bankruptcy Institute credited the decline in filings to “the retrenchment in consumer spending associated with a down U.S. economy.”
Sader Blog Feeds
Click here to Pay Online*
*Credit card payments will not be accepted for bankruptcy cases, unless pre-approved by The Sader Law Firm. If you have a question about a credit card payment, please call our Office Manager at (816) 561 1818.
Let Us Review Your Case For Free
- Is summer the time to file bankruptcy?
- Sader Law Firm Managing Member Neil Sader provides insight on commercial bankruptcy uptick in interview with Kansas City Business Journal
- U.S. Department of Education Announces New Program to Crack Down on Predatory Student Loans
- American Bankruptcy Institute: February Filings Up Double-Digit Percentages Year Over Year in All Major Categories
- Sader Law Firm Grows Bankruptcy Practice with Addition of Nathan Hauber