Both the Kansas Court of Appeals and US Bankruptcy Judge Robert Nugent have issued recent rulings aimed at reducing the ability of debt settlement companies to pose as law firms. Neil Sader stated about the issue that some [debt settlement] companies are taking advantage of people willing to try anything to avoid bankruptcy. The firm Persels and Associates, based in Maryland, contracts with Kansas attorneys but are really credit service providers in the eyes of the law, subject to regulation as such. Persels is currently appealing $8 million in fines.
Sader Blog Feeds
Let Us Review Your Case For Free
- Boyce Provides Insight on Student Loan Relief Update With KSHB 41 News
- White House Announces Next Steps Regarding Student Loan Payments
- More Than $10B in Debt Relief Has Been Approved Through Loan Forgiveness Program, USDE Says
- Neil Sader, Brad McCormack Recognized in 2023 Best Lawyers in America Guide
- Stephen Krogmeier Joins Sader Law Firm