Both the Kansas Court of Appeals and US Bankruptcy Judge Robert Nugent have issued recent rulings aimed at reducing the ability of debt settlement companies to pose as law firms. Neil Sader stated about the issue that some [debt settlement] companies are taking advantage of people willing to try anything to avoid bankruptcy. The firm Persels and Associates, based in Maryland, contracts with Kansas attorneys but are really credit service providers in the eyes of the law, subject to regulation as such. Persels is currently appealing $8 million in fines.
Sader Blog Feeds
Let Us Review Your Case For Free
- Navient Announces Plan to Exit Student Loan Servicing Market
- Americans Starting to Feel Inflation Cooling
- The IRS Announces New Free File Guided Software for Taxpayers
- Some Colleges are Implementing “No-Loan” Policies, Eliminating Student Loan Options for Students
- Neil Sader recognized as 2023 Law Firm Leader by Missouri Lawyers Media