Both the Kansas Court of Appeals and US Bankruptcy Judge Robert Nugent have issued recent rulings aimed at reducing the ability of debt settlement companies to pose as law firms. Neil Sader stated about the issue that some [debt settlement] companies are taking advantage of people willing to try anything to avoid bankruptcy. The firm Persels and Associates, based in Maryland, contracts with Kansas attorneys but are really credit service providers in the eyes of the law, subject to regulation as such. Persels is currently appealing $8 million in fines.
Sader Blog Feeds
Let Us Review Your Case For Free
- Experiencing stress around financial regret? You are not alone.
- Commercial Real Estate Becoming an Increasingly Risky Investment in 2023
- Credit card debt in America climbs past $1 trillion for 1st time in history
- Long-Term U.S. Mortgages Reach Highest Interest Rates Since Mid-March
- Court ruling highlights need to improve dischargeability of student loans through bankruptcy