Meet Bankruptcy Lawyer Bradley D. McCormack
Email Bradley D. McCormackBradley McCormack was born and raised in Wichita, Kansas. Brad went to Rockhurst University, where he then earned his Bachelor’s degree in 2000. Afterward, he attended Saint Louis University for law school and obtained his law degree in 2003 before returning to Kansas City. Brad started out working in the public sector, first for Legal Aid of Western Missouri and then for the Missouri Attorney General’s Office. He then worked for NovaStar Financial, Inc., practicing corporate law.
Brad joined The Sader Law Firm in 2007, where he currently focuses his practice on bankruptcy, including Chapter 11 bankruptcy, as well as commercial real estate and commercial litigation. He has extensive litigation experience in state and federal courts. He also has experience with Debtor and Creditor issues in Kansas and both the Western and Eastern Districts of Missouri.
Brad has appeared in Bankruptcy Courts throughout the states of Missouri and Kansas, the 8th Circuit Bankruptcy Appellate Panel and before the Missouri Western District Court of Appeals, the Eastern District Court of Appeals and in state courts in approximately 30 counties throughout western Missouri and Kansas. He was recognized by The Best Lawyers in America in 2023 and 2024, earning distinction in both Litigation – Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization for Kansas City, Missouri.
Brad often presents local Continuing Legal Education seminars on topics such as Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, Chapter 11 Small Business bankruptcy, overall filing strategy, procedure and Family Law Litigation involving bankruptcy issues.
Brad has helped numerous businesses reorganize their debt and become profitable through Chapter 11 bankruptcy. Brad’s experience in the Western District of Missouri and Kansas has allowed him to provide help to hotels, restaurants, apartment complexes, wholesale suppliers and transportation companies. Brad also has experience helping small businesses under the new Small Business Reorganization Act or “Subchapter V” of the Bankruptcy Code.
Additionally, Brad has defended numerous companies and individuals in preference actions and fraudulent transfers lawsuits associated with national, large Chapter 11 bankruptcies. Brad has also served as Counsel for the General Unsecured Creditor’s Committee in bankruptcies filed in the Kansas City Metro Area.
Attorney for Filing Bankruptcy Near Me
He, his wife Annie and their son Teddy live in the Brookside area of Kansas City. They are active members of St. Peter’s Parish in Brookside.
To make an appointment with attorney Bradley McCormack, call The Sader Law Firm today. We are a bankruptcy firm that focuses on assisting individuals, families and businesses with finding the best solutions to address their debt problems. Our attorneys are happy to offer free phone consultations to anyone seeking answers to questions about their financial situations.
- Saint Louis University School of Law, J.D., 2003
- Rockhurst University, B.A. (Political Science, Marketing), 2000
- Bishop Carroll High School, Wichita, Kansas, 1996
Court Memberships and Admissions
- Kansas, 2008
- Missouri, 2003
- United States District Court, Western District of Missouri, 2007
- Kansas and United States District Court, District of Kansas, 2007
- 8th Circuit Court of Appeals, 2013
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Missouri, 2015
- Board Certified in Business Bankruptcy Law from the American Board of Certification
- Missouri Bar Association
- Kansas City Bankruptcy Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
Continuing Legal Education Presentations
- “Navigating Subchapter V Cases” – Kansas City Bankruptcy Bar Association, November 2020
- “Small Business Chapter 11” – Kansas City Bankruptcy Bar Association, November 2019
- “You Be the Judge” – Midwestern Bankruptcy Institute, October 2019
- “Lease, Landlord & Tenant Issues” – Kansas City Bankruptcy Bar Association, November 2018
- Sly James for Mayor 2011 and 2015 – Deputy Treasurer
- Former member of the Visit KC – formerly known as Kansas City, MO Conventions and Visitors Bureau
- St. Peter’s Parish – Past President of Parish Council, Founding Member of Stewardship Committee, Deputy Grand Knight – Knights of Columbus Council
- YMCA Flag Football and Basketball Coach